Stacy Regular Sentenced to 30 Years for Baseball Bat Murder

Dewayne RichardsonBreaking News, Mississippi Delta DA 4th District

Greenwood, MS— District Attorney Dewayne Richardson announced today that Stacy Regular, Sr., 48 yoa,  pled guilty and was sentenced to a 30 year sentence with the Mississippi Department of Corrections as twenty-five (25) years to serve in the custody of MDOC and the last 5 years on probation for the March 2020 murder of Labrandon Baugh. Regular’s trial was set to begin Wednesday before Leflore County Senior Circuit Judge Ashley Hines, however Regular pled guilty and was sentenced earlier today.

On March 28, 2020, officers with the Greenwood Police Department responded to a call of an altercation between Regular and the victim, LaBrandon Baugh, where Regular beat the victim with a baseball bat. The case was originally classified as an aggravated assault, but once Mr. Baugh succumbed to his injuries the offense was upgraded.  Following a thorough investigation by the detectives and officers with the Greenwood Police Department, Regular was arrested and later indicted for first degree murder by the Leflore County Grand Jury.

Regular chose to plead guilty to the lesser included offense of second-degree murder and was sentenced to the District Attorney’s recommendation.  Prior to sentencing Jerome Hudson, the father of Labrandon Baugh, expressed his deep sadness over the senseless murder of his only son.  Regular’s response prior to sentencing was that he was going to be a man and take responsibility for his actions.  Senior Circuit Judge Ashley Hines subsequently sentenced Regular to 30 years with the Mississippi Department of Corrections with 25 of those years to be served in prison and 5 of those years to be served on post release supervision. Under Mississippi law, Regular will serve every day of his sentence without any opportunity for early release or parole.

The case against Regular was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Amanda Sturniolo Langford who expressed her appreciation for the hard work done by the Greenwood Police Department as well as the patience of the family of Labrandon Baugh during the judicial process that was delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic. A.D.A. Langford noted that, “there is no perfect sentence that will bring Mr. Baugh back to his family, but I hope that now that this painful chapter in their lives is closed they can begin to heal and feel a sense of closure and justice for Labrandon.”