The brochures below help explain victim compensation and navigating the extensive process of the criminal justice system, as a victim. Please download these as a reference for yourself or someone else.
Victim Assistance Coordinators have a special and important role within the criminal justice system. These individuals are specifically placed in the District Attorney’s Office to provide services to crime victims. The duties of Victim Assistance Coordinators include but are not limited to:
- Serving as an advocate for the victim throughout the criminal justice process.
- Seeing that all the rights of crime victims are carried out.
- Have special knowledge about services to help crime victims.
- Have strong working relationships with public and private agencies which may assist victims with emotional, financial, child care and other practical needs.
- Are usually trained in crisis intervention.
Victim Assistance Coordinators are an extremely helpful addition to the criminal justice process and crime victims. They have many different roles which vary depending on the nature of the case. Services that they provide include:
- Crisis Intervention
- Information on the Mississippi Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights
- Information on the status and progress of your case
- Information on the criminal justice system
- Notification of court proceedings
- Court escort (accompany the victim to court)
- Provision of a safe waiting area in the courthouse
- Referrals to victim service providers and social service agencies
- Referrals to the Crime Victim Compensation Division and assistance with completing the compensation application
For information on Protection and Restraining Orders please click on the attached document below.
TERRICK WRIGHT, JR. SENTENCED
RANDOLYN FAINT SENTENCED FOR DOUBLE HOMICIDE
MARSHALL GIVEN 20 YEAR SENTENCE FOR DEADLY DUI
VICTIM ASSISTANCE COORDINATORS
PROCESS & MUNICIPALITIES & LEGALITIES
Our Mission • Judicial Process • Municipalities • Disclaimer of Liability • Indemnification • Cookies
© 2022 MISSISSIPPI DELTA DISTRICT ATTORNEY.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. WEBSITE DESIGN BY THAT CREATIVE GUY.