Dewayne RichardsonBreaking News, Mississippi Delta DA 4th District

Greenville, MS—Terrick Wright, Jr., of Greenville, was sentenced to Life on Tuesday, District Attorney Dewayne Richardson announced today.

Wright, Jr. was convicted of Capital Murder in November following a three-day jury trial in Washington County. His indictment arose from facts and circumstances occurring on September 16, 2019, when officers of the Greenville Police Department observed a cargo truck speed into the parking lot of Delta Regional Medical Center driven by Wright. Officers located an unresponsive Tymoneshia Parson in the truck and rushed to carry her inside of the ER where she was pronounced deceased after succumbing to her injuries.

A criminal investigation followed and revealed that Tymoneshia had been at a local store seeking employment when witnesses saw the truck park in front of the store. Video from the store showed Wright exit the truck and confront Tymoneshia shortly before pushing her out of the store then punching her in the back of the head before grabbing her by the neck and forced her into the truck.

The investigation also revealed a second crime scene on Broadway where Tymoneshia’s belongings were found along with blood nearby. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide due to numerous blunt force and traumatic crushing injuries along with injuries to her neck consistent with strangulation.

Wright was questioned and claimed that Tymoneshia had jumped from the truck because he was yelling at her during an argument, but after he denied his actions that were clearly on video, and threatening messages were uncovered from his phone, the investigators questioned his version of events. Additionally, the forensic pathologist testified that he could not say for sure that Tymoneshia was not struck by the vehicle. He was later indicted for Capital Murder.

Assistant District Attorneys Kaylon McCou and John Herzog, Jr. prosecuted the case in which Wright was found guilty as charged. On Tuesday, he was sentenced to Life Imprisonment without the possibility of parole as required by state law.

The Office of the District Attorney appreciates the hard and diligent work of the Greenville Police Department in their investigation of this case.